My Client, a well-established and successful Fresh Produce company based in Mid-Kent, is keen to find a highly experienced commercially orientated Finance Manager to join their team.
In this position you will play a key role in managing the day to day finances and commercial performance of the business to ensure the company`s profitability and strategy is maintained.
Responsible for the financial health of the Company, managing the team on routine day to day tasks, produce the necessary financial reports and compliance.
- Monitor and manage the financial operations within the company, eg Payroll, invoicing, credit control etc.
- Oversee the finance dept employees, their mentoring and development.
- Take responsibility for any contractual obligations (auditing, tax prep etc).
- Track the company financial status and performance and actively identify areas for potential improvement.
- Ensure methods are in place to minimise financial risks to the company.
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends.
- Contribute insightful commercial information and strategy to Senior executives for both short- and long-term decision making.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Be prepared to make a significant contribution to the improvement of systems.
- Ensure legal compliance an adherence to financial regulations.
Skills / Qualifications
- As a minimum you would be part -qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Deep understanding of business practice, good attention to detail, organisational skills, planning, research, critical thinking, problem solving, computer literate, multi-tasking.
- A background in a Fresh Produce business would be a distinct advantage
Farrer Barnes Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Farrer Barnes Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.