About the team:
The Financial Control team in the Finance department ensure OneSavings Bank maintains accurate and timely financial reporting whilst adhering to a robust control framework.
At OneSavings Bank, we're proud to be an award-winning bank, with great customer satisfaction scores.
We began trading as a bank in 2011 and were admitted to the main market of the London Stock Exchange in 2014, joining the FTSE 250 in June 2015. So we've had a really strong start and that's because we have great people, great products and a deep understanding of our markets.
In the simplest terms, we're a specialist lender which is supported by our stable retail savings franchise, who has over 150 years of heritage behind them (Kent Reliance).
OneSavings Bank Plc acquired Charter Court Financial Services Group Plc (CCFS) and its subsidiary businesses on 4 October 2019. They have three complementary brands: Charter Savings Bank; Precise Mortgages; Exact Mortgage Experts.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to assist with the day to day financial accounting, production of the Group's month end reporting and maintaining the balance sheet.
Your responsibilities will includeâ¦
* Assisting with the processing of month end journals, analytical ledger reviews and transactions posted by OSBI
* Performing monthly reconciliations of the Group's balance sheet accounts using the reconciliation system
* Preparing the monthly control pack whilst adhering to the Group's control environment policies
* Setting up supplier details within the accounting system
* Reviewing financial control policies and procedures
Please be aware this is a part time position working two days a week from 0900 - 1700 hours
In return for your commitment:
We offer a base salary of Â£8,780 and a competitive benefits package including:
* 24 days holiday pro rata + bank holidays (you can purchase an additional 5 days holiday too)
* An annual discretionary bonus opportunity of up to 10%
* Quarterly Employee Recognition Programme (a chance to be recognised for promoting one of our core values)
* Westfield Healthcare scheme - Level 2 cover
* Season ticket loans / cycle purchase scheme
* Long service awards
* Perkbox discounts (cheap cinema tickets, family day outs and savings in high-street shops)
* Save as you earn scheme
* Charity fund matching (we're super keen for people to give something back!)
A full list of our benefits package is available on our website: www.osb.co.uk/careers/benefits
Could you be the one?
We are looking for talented individuals who have the experience / knowledge and qualifications set out below:
* Previous work experience in a finance role working the month end close process
* Strong knowledge of using Microsoft Excel
* Experience using accounting software
* Qualifications in or working towards an accounting qualification
We also believe that your career and how you progress is as unique as your individual personality. We continually support our people so they can become the best version of themselves. We are so committed to this we've made it one of four core values "Create Your Future".
The other key values are: Stronger Together, Aim High and Take Ownership. We are looking for individuals that feel that these resonate with them.
If this sounds like you, please send us your CV!
Alternatively, if you wish to have an informal, confidential chat about this role, please contact us on
If shortlisted from your initial application, we operate quite a personalised recruitment process which means you won't be subjected to test after test, but instead, we like to leverage a two stage face to face interview process.
Interviews are a two way street, so we aim for them to be relevant and conversational, and get the best out of you!
As a combined group, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and we are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. No employee or potential employee will receive less favourable treatment because of any protected characteristic. We provide a fully inclusive and accessible recruitment process and pro-actively offer and make reasonable adjustments as and when required.
We recognise that flexible working opportunities can be of benefit to both employees and the organisation, improving work-life balance and enabling the business to attract and retain skilled and valued employees. Please speak to us about how this could work for you.
All applicants must have rights to work in the UK and be willing to undertake the relevant pre-employment screening checks should your application be successful.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.