My client offers a fantastic opportunity for a mixed tax, Qualified Accountant and/ or Chartered Tax Advisor to join the Tax Team of an excellent local firm with a presence across the South East.
This firm offer exceptional career opportunities within a challenging and rewarding environment; you will be part of the team responsible for providing strategic tax advice, implementing tax policies, managing tax risk and ensuring/ monitoring adherence to tax compliance obligations across the firm.
Main duties will focus on tax compliance and accounting across multiple sectors.
- Key areas will include compliance, year-end accounting, tax reserving and supporting or leading on ad-hoc projects
- Review and update tax systems where necessary
- Prepare reports ad-hoc where necessary
- Advise on Private and Corporate Clients needs.
- Broad scope covering Corporation, Property, Inheritance, Capital Gains, Business Relief, Agri Business Specific & Offshore Tax matters.
- Work collaboratively with Finance, in-house counsel, as well as working in cooperation with client facing teams
- Where required, develop controls and tax risk management systems
- Maintain comprehensive records
- Must be a qualified Accountant and/ or chartered Tax Advisor
- Candidates must have experience of working in tax - ideally experience in a mixed tax role
- Have a strong knowledge of tax fundamentals across different areas of tax and be able to apply that existing knowledge and experience of different practices and legislation
- Knowledge of International taxation laws and regulations is advantageous
- Have strong tax research skills
- Have transferable experience from other regulatory projects that involve interpreting and implementing complex, technical rules
- Prior experience in tax strategy, implementation, planning, support and project management will be beneficial
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships across all levels within the organisation in all jurisdictions
- Design and embed end-to-end solutions
- Be a proactive thinker with practical solutions that are risk-minded and balance business strategies with financial priorities
- Strong ethic to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and firm policies
Farrer Barnes Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Farrer Barnes Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.