Custodian is an award-winning innovative Data Centre and Network & Cloud services provider based in Maidstone, Kent.
We are currently looking to expand our team to support and look after our clients as well as our newly invested £4m data floor.
We have been operating for 11 years and are proud to have achieved 100% uptime for the entirety of that period. We design, build and manage everything in house, you’ll be part of the small team behind this.
We have an opportunity within our NOC team for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn and put those skills to use in a working environment, keeping businesses up and running around the world.
The role offers ample opportunity to gain exposure to multiple technologies. You will be involved in Cisco Networking at an ISP level, Monitoring and adjusting cooling and electrical systems, onboarding new clients and providing client support via telephone, email and in person within the datacentre.
As well as the experience you will gain being part of a small team behind one of the most well-connected networks in the UK, you will have access to our extensive lab environment to build your skills, this lab includes Cisco Catalyst and ASR equipment. We also provide free U space to the team if you want to build your own lab.
This is a permanent role, solely working nights on a 4 on 4 off basis, 12 hours per day. Full training and work shadowing will be provided before you begin the shift pattern.
What's on Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding environment
- The opportunity to learn new technologies
- Private health insurance
- Additional pay bonus for each night shift
- Free secure onsite parking
- Regular company social events & updates
- Encouraged personal development
- 28 Days Paid Holiday (Extra based on length of service)
- Free U-Space for staff members
- Top of the range Cisco Lab onsite
- Generous pension scheme
- 100% Exam Funding (ie CCNA, CompTIA Security+ etc)
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Providing support & remote hands for clients
- Running & testing cables for the network and infrastructure
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware issues
- Use of monitoring systems to identify potential issues
- Network and workstation troubleshooting
- Proactively working to update and process tickets within our system
This role will suit someone who is a self-starter and has the right attitude to learn and move forwards, as we will provide training where required.
Our site is easily reachable from the M20 Junction 7 with plenty of parking on-site.
The successful applicant will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a keen attention to detail and a strong customer service orientation
- Have good analytical skills
- Have basic knowledge of Windows and Linux environments
- Have a basic understanding of computer networking
To find out what a 'Day (NIGHT) in the life of a NOC Support Engineer' is? Take a look, via the link below and subscribe to our YouTube Channel.