Who we are
Vanquis helps people who are excluded by mainstream banks take control of their financial situation. Whether they’re new to credit or need a hand rebuilding their credit file to manage life better, we make sure our services are straightforward and suitable for them to succeed.
We’re here to put people on a path to a better everyday life, not just our 1.7 million customers but our colleagues too. And we’re proud of the difference we make.
You and your team
Reporting to Anna Property and Facilities Manager, this a busy front of hour position representing Vanquis Bank and being the 1st point of contact for anyone attending the offices.
You will be part of a fast paced, dynamic team who work together to deliver a first-class service to our clients, both internal and external. You will need to be friendly and approachable with a can-do attitude. After all, you will be the face of Vanquis and first impressions count.
Day to day duties include:
• Apply and clearly communicate security procedures.
• Effectively manage the switchboard and professionally handle all incoming calls, where necessary, acting as gate keeper.
• Management of building pass security database, including the issuing of passes and arranging for photographs to be taken.
• Manage the presentation of all meeting rooms and ensure they are always kept to a professional standard.
• Responsibility for ensuring all breakout areas are fully stocked with fruit, milk and all other tea/coffee making sundries.
• Carry out any ad-hoc duties relevant to the role as requested by the Property and Facilities Manager.
What you’ll bring to the team
Working in reception isn’t simply about letting visitors into the building, its all about leaving a lasting and memorable service that really reflects Vanquis’s brand, its about being the go-to friendly person that anyone in the business feels comfortable to approach with any query or concern.
To be successful in this role, the following skills and experience is required:
• Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Be friendly, welcoming and approachable
• Worked in a fast-paced reactive environment
• Have experience working with customers both face-to-face and over the phone
Our colleagues are the most important part of delivering our purpose to put customers on a path to a better everyday life. If it wasn’t for their amazing efforts, ideas and energy we wouldn’t be the successful business that we are today. So we offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
- Competitive base salary and rewards
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday entitlement – with one day accrued for each year of service (to max 30 days)
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family (partner and dependent children)
- Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
- Flexible and dynamic working policies
- A range of initiatives offered through our Sports & Social and Social Impact Programmes
- Perks at Work - A perks platform offering over 30,000 unique discounts
- Free tea, coffee and fruit
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised on-site restaurants
Find out more
Check out our social media channels find out more about everyday life at Vanquis – and don’t forget to follow us while you’re there!
LinkedIn: Vanquis Bank
Facebook: Vanquis Careers
Glassdoor: Vanquis Bank