Connors House in Canterbury has a vacancy for a suitably competent Maintenance Operative to work 30 hours per week.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Carry out day to day repairs within and around the home as instructed by the Home Manager, Director of Property and Development or Senior Staff on duty.
2. Carry out redecoration works in residents\' rooms, communal and other areas.
3. Carry out planned maintenance work on equipment, plant and services e.g. extractors, taps, stopcocks, battery charges, time clocks, grease traps, etc.
4. Carry out maintenance checks on systems such as fire alarms, emergency lighting, nurse call, heating and hot water supplies.
5. Carry out gardening tasks, and maintain paths, roadway and parking areas ensuring they are litter free and secure.
6. Ensure that contractors are informed, assisted, supervised and work sheets checked when completed.
7. Unload, store, record and distribute consumables, and replenish dispensers.
8. Assist the Home Manager on Health and Safety issues.
9. Maintain and keep external elevations, fences and outbuildings in good state of repair and redecoration.
10. Read gas, water and electricity meters recording and reporting on readings.
11. Maintain the environs of the home during winter period collecting up leaf fall keeping gutters, rainwater pipes and gullies clear, gritting paths and clearing snow during inclement weather.
12. Maintain records such as repair book, maintenance checks and contractors visits.
13. Report defects to Home Manager, Headquarters, contractors, suppliers and utility companies.
14. Carry out routine early morning check of the building and its environs to ensure that no overnight intrusions or damage have occurred.
15. Carry out high level cleaning and maintenance e.g. kitchen ceiling, light fittings, etc.
16. Repair and maintain aids and adaptations, e.g. wheelchairs, grab rails, frames, etc.
17. Carry out occasional collection/delivery duties as directed.
18. Assist in the event of an emergency involving the fabric of the building during working hours and be reasonably available in the event of significant emergency outside working hours.
19. Carry out work at any other house within the Organisation when requested by the Matron/Home Manager or Director of Property and Development.
20. Take part in training activities and individual performance reviews.
21. Take part in staff meetings and in training activities as directed.
22. Work with all staff toward agreed policies and standards of care in keeping with the stated beliefs of the Organisation.
23. Work as part of a team.
F OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES*
F1 Support the Organisations values and strategic objectives within the context of the duties of the post.
F2 Support and adhere to the Organisations policies on the equality and diversity including its service users, staff and volunteers.
F3 Comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act and associated legislation insofar as they relate to the duties of the post.
F4 Ensure compliance with good Risk Management Practice.
F5 Adhere to the Organisations Health and Safety Policy.
F6 Comply full at all times with the "Whistle Blowing" policy, the Code of Conduct for staff and other associated policies relating to conduct at work.
Rapport Housing and Care offers Supported, Residential and Nursing Care to older people with physical frailty and Dementia across Kent.
We want everyone who meets us, no matter in what context, to experience our friendly, caring, compassionate philosophy, which runs through our whole organisation. We are a leading housing and care provider in the south-east, flexible and responsive to the needs of people in later life.
· Compassion: behaving in a manner that treats people with respect and dignity, listening to what they say and responding;
· Openness: Offering high quality services that are adaptable, flexible and that meet the changing needs of service users in a manner that offers genuine choice;
· Integrity: acting at all times in an honest and straightforward way with all those with whom we come into contact;
· People focussed: reflecting the ethos inherent in the organisations philosophy.
Benefits of working for us include:
· We pay the Adult National Living Wage to all of our employees, regardless of their age
· 28 days paid holiday (pro-rota if part time)
· Comprehensive Induction and Training Packages Continual professional development
· Opportunities to apply for our Academy and National Diploma courses
· Stakeholder Pension Scheme Opportunities to progress.
Confirmation of all appointments is subject to proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK, satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references, satisfactory numeracy and literacy assessments and medical clearance.
If you have any questions about the role or about Rapport Housing and Care, please feel free to contact the Home Manager on 01227 769774.
Otherwise and to apply, please click on the apply now button and complete the online form.
Rapport Housing and Care is committed to delivering compassion and companionship as well as care and we are proud of our reputation and profile as one of the major care providers in Kent.
Rapport Housing and Care values the diversity that exists in all our communities and works towards this being reflected in our workforce.
Charity No: 254140
PLEASE NOTE: applications that do not include full education and work histories (with gaps between jobs explained) may not be considered.