Java Cloud Developer
Up to £30,000 DOE
Our client is looking to recruit a self-motivated and highly service-orientated Java Developer. Ideally you will have 1 year + of commercial experience, but they will consider recent graduate.
Most importantly they are looking for candidates with a desire to work on Cloud projects and pursue a career path into the challenging world of Enterprise Information Management.
If you like the challenge of big, complicated and data-oriented projects, often with high security demands, then you will enjoy working with our client. Teamworking with Cloud Architects, Cloud SysAdmins and the wider Managed Service team, you will play an important role in building, delivering and continuously improving Cloud Hosted Services.
The platforms managed are currently at Amazon, Rackspace, Azure and others, including a small number of on premise applications. Cloud Developers are accountable for receiving work packages, support issues and other specifications and translating these into efficient and effective working code or infrastructure, according to schedules and budgets. Throughout all of these activities the ability to chunk up to the picture and understand how the work package fits into the delivery of customer value is important.
The role also includes the challenge of dealing with the ‘people’ factor and the wide variety of national and corporate cultures that are met in daily business. You will be able to draw on a breadth of communication skills to ensure the service user and customer expectations are met.
To apply you must have the following:
· 1+ years of Java (J2SE and/or J2EE)
· Good understanding of OO and N-tier design and patterns
· Good grasp of JSP / JSTL / CSS / HTML
· Good experience with JUnit and TDD
· Good working knowledge of Eclipse IDE (or equivalent)
· Good understanding of relational and non-relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB)
· Be educated to graduate level or a professional equivalent. In subjects which demonstrate a sound grasp of logic and reason, preferably STEM
· A willingness to learn and work with new technologies
· Have a sound grasp of computer science, probably demonstrated by qualifications; including an understanding the analysis and design
· Be a good communicator, including written and verbal communication and a good listener
· Be experienced in structured problem solving
· Willing to work as part of a 24x7 operation and be on-call
Automatic enrolment into Company Pension Scheme and 25 days annual leave, plus UK Bank Holidays.
After three months of service and successful completion of probation period, you will be entitled to:
· Private medical cover, incl. partner and children up to the age of 18
· Free life assurance cover at 4 times basic salary
Enrolment into Profit Related Pay Scheme