2nd Line Network Support Engineer
Our client is a leading business IT support and service company. They have opened a permanent office in central London (EC1A) in order to be part of the always expanding commercial opportunity of the Capital.
Engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customers’ accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to their growing customer base.
Holiday Entitlement : 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay : Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses : Travel expenses for site visits
About the Role
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy and expanding IT services company. The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will have the opportunity to go out on site and visit clients. Following induction you will be permanently based in the London office.
· The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office.
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing / maintaining servers (virtual and physical), supporting workstations, resolving OS and application faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues.
· You will be given responsibility for your own projects where you will be expected to manage every technical aspect whilst maintaining constant liaison with the client.
· The 2nd Line Network Engineer will primarily use the products and services within the established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales.
· The role includes making suggestions to the client concerning future improvements in line with their individual business needs.
Key Skills & Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
· At least 2 years of commercial experience in a 2nd line role
· Server networking (DHCP, DNS, RRAS, TCP/IP)
· Firewalling (Common port numbers, routing, network fault diagnosis)
· Remote working (RRAS, VPN, RDP)
· User support (Account unlocks, account creation, password changes, NTFS permissions)
· Exchange / O365 (Mailbox creation, distribution groups)
· Printer support (Network printing, common troubleshooting)
· Workstation support (All common troubleshooting)
· Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy & numeracy)
· High standards of customer service and a personable nature
· Experienced problem solver
· Experience of SharePoint, Server Hosting (specifically VMware & Hyper-V) and Cisco IOS would be advantageous
· Recognised accreditations (COMPTia, MCSA, MCSE, MCPs, Apple) would be advantageous
The 2nd Line Network Engineer will be required to work shift hours to suit the needs and requirements of the business:-.
7:45am - 4:15pm
8:45am - 5:15pm
9:45am - 6:15pm
On a roster basis there is an out of hours service between 6:00pm - 8:00am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday. For being on call for the out of hours service the 2nd Line Network Support Engineer will receive additional payment. Details of the additional payment will be confirmed on offer of employment.