1st Line Network Support Engineer
Our client is a leading business IT support and service company. They have opened a permanent office in central London (EC1A) in order to be part of the always expanding commercial opportunity of the Capital.
Engineers are client-focused and are expected to manage every aspect of customers’ accounts at both the granular and strategic levels. The right person will be presented with a challenging and dynamic role, delivering high-quality IT services to their growing customer base.
Holiday Entitlement : 32 days (including 8 bank holiday)
Contractual Sick Pay : Commencing after 6 months continuous employment (terms applied)
Expenses : Travel expenses for site visits
About the Role
· The 1st Line Network Engineer will be working as part of a dedicated team of engineers within a busy and expanding IT services company. Following induction you will be permanently based in the London office and will have the full support of those staff onsite as well as the engineering team based at head office.
· The 1st Line Network Engineer will be expected to work through helpdesk tickets and will be expected to go out on site to visit clients.
· The existing team is efficient and friendly as it deals with all kinds of support issues generated by the customer base. There is an approximate 50/50 split of time in and out of the office.
· You will need to thrive on multi-tasking as they complete tasks like installing / maintaining servers (virtual and physical), supporting workstations, resolving OS and application faults as well as identifying and resolving network connectivity issues.
· The 1st Line Network Engineer will be given every opportunity to learn and will gain a wealth of hands-on experience.
· Ultimately the 1st Line Network Engineer will use the products and services within our established portfolio to recognise new business opportunities and then escalate them into new sales.
Key Skills & Background
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
· At least 1 year of commercial experience in the IT sector
· A solid understanding of Microsoft Desktops and an understanding of networking technologies
· Excellent communications skills (specifically oral, literacy and numeracy)
· High standards of customer service and a personable nature
· Accomplished problem solver
· Recognised accreditations (CompTIA, MCPs, Apple) would be advantageous
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm