Rapport Housing and Care is a registered charity that provides care and housing to over 400 over 55s at various locations across the south east.
We operate a number of supported homes, residential homes, independent living schemes and our domiciliary care service, Caring Companions in the following areas:
Rapport Housing and Care is committed to delivering compassion and companionship as well as care and we are proud of our reputation and profile as one of the major care providers in Kent.
Rapport Housing and Care is recruiting for a Registered Domiciliary Care Area Manager for Caring Companions, our Domiciliary Care service.
The Area Manager will report to Reporting to the Head of Care Operations and be responsible for all aspects of our expanding domiciliary care service, which currently operates across 3 independent living schemes, located in Gravesend, Larkfield and Tonbridge.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Manage the safety and quality of the service
· To have responsibility for the day to day running of the Caring Companions domiciliary care service
· Ensure that the care and support provided is of a high standards and complies fully with the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) standards and exceeds the fundamental standards
· Develop and maintain relationships with external agencies that provide services in the schemes, including liaising with health professionals, social services and the local authority, in order to ensure the wellbeing of the service users
· Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use the findings to make improvements
· Address any service user complaints, or safeguarding concerns, related to the domiciliary care service; and ensure that these are addressed in timescales compliant with the Rapport Housing and Cares complaints policy
· Ensure compliance with the Rapport Housing and Cares policies and procedures relating to Domiciliary Care and Health and Safety
· Understand and monitor health and safety for domiciliary care Supervisors and service users (where applicable), and monitor and oversee infection prevention and control
· Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legislation and the Rapport Housing and Care policies
· Liaise with the Extra Care Schemes Housing Managers, as appropriate
· Ensure that live and archived staff files are maintained in compliance with The Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations
· Implement and maintain quality management and improvement systems ensuring that all monitoring and audit requirements are followed through and that the systems and processes adopted by the services are efficient and effective and applied to day to day management and delivery of care
· Attend meetings as and when required
· Attend and take part in own supervision and appraisal sessions
· Manage the Caring Companions domiciliary care service in line with agreed business objectives and working within the given budget
· Work to promote equality and diversity, and eliminate discrimination for all the Rapport Housing and Cares service users, staff and volunteers.
· Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the domiciliary care service
· Ensure all monthly KPIs are submitted in a timely manner
Provide a service of excellence for service users
Promote the rights of each service user and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support, providing a person centred service
Ensure that prior to each service commencing, an assessment and risk assessment with the service user, and/or their chosen representatives, has been completed including what the service user needs and would like to achieve from their care and support
Ensure a written individually tailored care and support plan has been developed and agreed, that respects the service users wishes and promotes their dignity and privacy. Agree appropriate risk control measures to reduce identified risks
Provide the service user, and where appropriate their representatives, with information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
Apply excellent communication skills with service users, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality domiciliary care services
Keep all information about service users and their families secure and confidential
Lead and Manage Staff
Provide information, guidance and ongoing supervision to enable Domiciliary Care Supervisors to effectively and safely carry out their roles. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance
Manage effective recruitment and retention systems, in liaison with the HR department, including; induction and training of the, Supervisors at each of the Extra Care Schemes, Identifying ongoing training needs and ensuring staff are up to date with current best practice and statutory training
Ensuring that all training data is inputted and ensure the provision of appropriate statutory training
Recording staff absence and where appropriate liaising with the HR department
· To enforce disciplinary procedures where necessary, taking advice and guidance from the Rapport Housing and Cares HR outsourcing consultants
· Ensure staffing levels are sufficient to meet the requirements of service users care packages
· To ensure that Supervisors develop and maintain suitable and effective staff rotas
· Participate in the on call service and ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively, such as covering either directly or indirectly when Supervisors are sick or absent
· To undertake the monthly payroll process
· Where applicable, check all invoices and prepare for submitting to the Finance Team
Promote the Caring Companions Service
· To maintain at all times a dress code appropriate to the working environment and the Rapport Housing and Care
· Attend external meetings and represent the service in a positive manner, embedding the Rapport Housing and Cares ethos of high quality person centred, dignified care in all work
Contribute and participate in the growth and development of the business, implementing domiciliary care initiatives
No job description can cover every issue that arises within the post, and the post holder may be required to carry out other duties as deemed necessary, commensurate with the principal function of the post and the capability of the post holder.
Full JDPS attached; please check to ensure you meet the competency / qualification / individual criteria before you apply.
For the right candidate, this is a marvellous opportunity to join an established, growing organisation in the heart of Kent.
Benefits of working for Rapport Housing and Care include:
o 30 days paid holiday
o Comprehensive Induction and Training Packages Continual professional development
o Stakeholder Pension Scheme
Confirmation of all appointments is subject to proof of Eligibility to Work in the UK, satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearance, satisfactory references, satisfactory numeracy and literacy assessments and medical clearance.
If you have any questions about the role or about Rapport Housing and Care, please feel free to contact HR on 01634 729137.
Otherwise and to apply, please click on the apply now button and complete the online form.
PLEASE NOTE: applications that do not include full education and work histories (with gaps between jobs explained) may not be considered.
Rapport Housing and Care offers Supported and Residential Care to older people with physical frailty and Dementia across Kent.
Rapport Housing and Care values the diversity that exists in all our communities and works towards this being reflected in our workforce.
Charity No: 254140.