Assistant Management Accountant
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am -5pm
My client is an innovative and entrepreneurial group of companies specialising in Motor Insurance Services. They are very proud to have been feature highly in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For, for 4 years running, achieving Investors in People 'Gold' and 'Champion' statuses.
Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join their Management Accounts Team.
The Assistant Management Accountant will support the Management Accountant(s) and provide support in all areas of the Management Accounts.
* Assist the Management Accountant with the provision of financial reporting and information to senior management team and the board of directors;
* Account reconciliations and posting corrections by journals as required;
* Accounting for monthly payroll transactions;
* Raising sales and recharge invoices;
* Draft quarterly VAT returns using the accounts software;
* Dealing with external auditors;
* Assisting with the developing and maintenance of systems to improve financial reporting;
* Assisting the efficiency of the department by covering for fellow assistant management accountants as required and performing other duties and projects appropriate to the role and grade.
* Previous experience working in an all-round Accounts Assistant role.
* Strong reconciliation experience.
* The ability to master and develop new concepts quickly; a high level of initiative as well as administrative and organisational ability;
* Excellent IS/IT skills including experience of Sage 50 accounts and Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills including the use of advanced Excel functions.
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills;
* Tact, discretion and the ability to work quickly under pressure maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail;
* Strong communication skills;
* The ability to work as part of a dedicated team
* An aptitude for detailed figure work along the ability to work to a high level of accuracy and pay close attention to detail;
Desirable Skills General understanding of Insurance industry (Ideal, not essential)