Infrastructure Support Engineer / Team Leader
To £32,000 basic (+ overtime + On-Call + Benefits Package), depending on skill set and experience, plus £2,400 pa bonus for Team Leader role.
Our client is a market-leading IT solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations, as well as other diverse market sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional who is already working as a Service Desk Engineer and who can demonstrate their ability to manage and motivate a core team of Service Support Engineers.
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of MS Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills looking to join a fantastic company promoting unique solutions and a hands-on approach.
You will be providing a mixture of 3rd Line Service Desk remote support/field support for complex requests and working on escalations and Managed Service projects to our growing customer base primarily London and the South.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will be required to work closely with other service engineers in the Service Delivery and Infrastructure Engineering Teams. Primarily based at our Head Office in Kent, this role will also incorporate on-site work at customers' premises.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
• Excellent technical and communication skills.
• A can-do attitude with strong customer service skills.
• A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure.
• Previous experience of working in a senior Service Desk role either with a service provider or within a corporate environment.
• A Microsoft Server MCP Exam would be preferred.
As the Team-Leader, you will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Service Support function including:
• Ensuring that the Service Desk delivers excellent Customer Service.
• Ensuring that the call logging system is used effectively and efficiently by the Service Support Engineers.
• The operational management of call assignments within the Service Desk.
• Carrying out daily reviews of the Service Desk call queues
• Leading in the development of good customer service practices
• Contributing to and delivering improvements that support the continuous improvement of processes and controls within the team, adopting ITIL best practices where possible.
• Providing self-help and user guides for Customers to help reduce unnecessary direct contact with Service Support Engineers.
You must be able to demonstrate proven hands-on capabilities in the support and installation of a variety of IT technologies. It is essential to have a strong working knowledge and practical experience of the following:
• Microsoft Desktop & Office Systems
• Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
• Active Directory Security and Administration, GPO
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Support of hardware, printers, desktops and servers
• Email, Antivirus & Backup software
• Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls and routers.
• Mobile devices/phones.