Maintenance Assistant, Temporary, 37.5 hours a week, £14.53ph, must be able to drive
Temporary Maintenance Assistant
37.5 hours a week
Must be able to drive
Owning your own patch in Bromley, Croydon & Orpington
£14.53 per hour
On call service covering our Older Persons Accommodation, this a rota system where you will be on call for a week around every 4 to 6 weeks, you will be paid an extra £148.50 for the week they are on call.
1. In this role you will be the first point of contact for residents, their families, Support staff and other support provider in relation to building maintenance, repair and Health and Safety and Fire Safety compliance of the buildings.
2. You will be expected to work cooperatively with the support providers and other support provider delivering support and or sustainment services to residents to ensure effective partnership working and liaison.
3. You will be expected to ensure that all residents of HA Supported accommodation have equal access to our services and to promote equality, diversity and fair access for all.
4. You are expected to attend the house meetings at regular intervals to ensure residents and support staff understand your role and responsibilities towards them and the buildings.
5. You will be working with the Customer Investment team, assisting in the delivery of the corporate objectives for resident involvement feedback and consultation.
Welfare of Residents
1. As part of the role you will be expected to recognise residents who may need additional support to sustain their accommodation and informing the Support providers and The HA Tenancy management Officers of any concerns and working with them to monitor these.
2. You must report any Safeguarding concerns to your line manager and follow the organisational guidelines for reporting and recording such incidents with the support of your manager.
Health and Safety Repairs and Maintenance Responsibilities
1. It will be your responsibility to conduct regular Health and Safety inspections of the communal areas of the buildings and gardens. Escalating any identified issues to ensure the safety of all those living or working within the building.
2. It will be your responsibility to identify, report and track the completion of repairs in the communal areas, escalating them if a potential risk is identified to ensure safety of all living or visiting the building.3. To ensure repairs are completed within the organisation timeframes and if not escalated to the appropriate person.
4. You will be responsible for conducting regular Health and Safety inspections of individual resident's tenancies/ licences within the Supported Accommodation. If issues are Identified making sure they are, recorded and raised with the support providers and residents then checking any follow up actions have been completed.
5. It will be your responsibility to conduct the fire panel testing and drills and other fire safety checks e.g. fire doors, fire extinguishers at each site, at a frequency set out by the organisation. To record, report and follow up any actions required to demonstrate organisational compliance.
6. If you observe any issues of non compliance by support providers working within our buildings, you must report this to your line manager and or the appropriate department.
7. You will be expected to respond to emergency situations.
8. You will be required to conduct and record flushing of taps in all communal and infrequently used locations within the buildings and to record, report and follow up any actions required to demonstrate organisational compliance.
9. To assist contractors delivering services to HA and customers to ensure Health and Safety compliance in all areas.
10. You will be responsible for the ordering goods for communal areas of the buildings e.g. paper hand towels, soap, washing up liquid. The renewal or replacement of white goods and other items or furniture for the individual properties within supported accommodation.
11. You will be expected to monitor the performance of Estate services, Gardening, Cleaning, window cleaning to ensure customers are receiving the services they are paying for. Providing feedback to your line manager of the standard of work undertaking.
1. You will be expected to work with the TMO's to ensuring resident understand and abide by the terms of their occupancy agreement in relation to paying their rent, and other charges, hoarding, maintaining their home and fire safety within their home.
2. In this role you to write to residents if they have breached Health and Safety and or Fire compliance explain the action they will need to take to address these concerns and consequences if they do not. You will be expected to inform the support provider and the TMO of the letter you are sending
3. You will be expected to work closely with the TMO to identify issues of Anti-Social behaviour and provide written evidence and records when necessary, working with external and internal partners to address the behaviour.
Void/Empty Property Management
1. It will be your responsibility to notify the TMA of any pending voids, and provide access to contractors if required.
2. Changing the property door key to void core to ensure access for void works
3. It is your responsibility to order replacement items of furniture and or white goods. To ensure they are delivered and installed so that the voids can be re let within the target re let time for the property.
4. You maybe be required to attending the viewing of the empty property by the new nominee.
5. To work in partnership with other departments and contractors to ensure the successful management and re-letting of our empty properties/voids.
1. To work as part of a team to deliver services to all customers and provide assistance and cover as necessary to ensure HA representation at Meetings and forums.
2. To keep accurate records, and when necessary to provide monthly performance reports and other reports as required to help demonstrate how KPI's are being achieved
3. To participate in the 'On call' service on a rota basis as instructed by line management, providing an emergency service to residents at our Older Persons schemes. This service operates outside of normal working hours. An additional allowance is payable for this.
4. To work flexibly with the team to ensure that residents continue to receive services whilst colleague on holiday etc.