Culpeck Floorcoverings is part of Headlam Group plc and provide a wide range of flooring products to its customer base who in the main, are independent floorcovering retailers and contractors.
A vacancy has arisen within the company for a warehouse night loader to be based at our depot in Strood.
Culpeck have a large number of customers that they deliver a variety of products to ranging from carpet, residential vinyl, wood, laminate, LVT, underlay and commercial flooring.
The Night Loader role involves loading and unloading of our vehicles. This role requires the manual handling of heavy and large items, so
good organisational skills are required.
• Assemble prepared orders ready for vehicle loading. Will involve repetitive handling/lifting of sometimes heavy and large items
• Work efficiently and effectively as part of a team
• Ensure scanning compliance of all stock, with accurate use of the hand held terminal
• Accurate completion of any relevant paperwork
• Keep work area clean and tidy
• Maintain high levels of Health and Safety
• Achieve the targets and job standards set out
• Maintain regular contact and ensure any issues are communicated
• Be adaptable and flexible in approach to work to meet operational requirements
• Operate machinery (only when trained to do so)
• Previous warehouse experience is desirable but not essential
• A FLT licence is desirable but not necessary
• Good attention to detail
• Good standard of numeracy
• Ability to deliver good customer service
• Organised and able to work on own initiative
• Good understanding of written and spoken English
• Flexible work ethic
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Competitive salary
• Hours – Sunday night to Thursday night – 22:00 – 07:00
• Life Assurance
• 20 days annual leave (Not including Bank holidays).