We are looking for an experienced bookkeeper to handle all of the day to day bookkeeping for our business. We have been outsourcing this function for a number of years but we now need to keep it up to date on a daily basis so wish to employ someone in the office. The position is part time as it should only require around 4 hours per day. This position could therefore suit someone looking for work in the middle of the day, perhaps 10am until 2pm. We are flexible on the actual hours.
The company is over 20 years old, working with many businesses and charities local to Medway. Reporting to the Finance Director and working with other departments as well as customers, the role can be varied. The accounts data is all held in QuickBooks Online, which has connections to other applications we use for customer invoicing and archving purchase invoices.The usual bookkeeping functions will be required, such as posting payments and invoices, reconciliation of accounts, collections, reporting and much more.
The applicant must have the following skills:
• Solid understanding of general ledger accounts.
• Proficient in general office applications and accounting software.
• Strong data entry and typing skills.
• Experience performing accounting activities such as reviewing general ledger entries and research of entries processed.
• Excellent understanding of the accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
• Skill in preparing written communications.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
Educational expectations (must have):
• AAT qualified (The Association of Accounting Technicians)
• At least 2 years of bookkeeping experience
• Member of the ICB (The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers)
• ACCA part qualified
• Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
• On the job training & support where required.
• Fun working environment and culture.