GKR Scaffolding is an award winning scaffolding and access specialist, working on the most iconic construction projects in London and the South East. Due to expansion and growth we currently have exciting opportunities within our Transport department. We are looking for HGV Class 1 Driver/labourer to join our team based in Rochester, Kent.
GKR Scaffolding are market leaders in safety when working at height, creating processes and inventing tools that are now widely adopted by the rest of the industry.
The business was named Access & Scaffolding Specialist 2017 for the second consecutive year, and was awarded the Training Excellence Award by Construction News. They were also awarded the Best Place to Work (Contractor) 2017 and won Innovation of the Year 2018 for their ground breaking Virtual Reality Working at Height Safety Training.
Reporting to the Transport and Logistics Manager/Assistant Transport and Logistics Manager, this role is responsible for maintaining productivity and efficiency of all tasks carried out, maintaining compliance with both Company and Industry standards and expectations.
Duties will involve delivering and collecting scaffold materials to our major projects in central London, some manual labouring is involved. This position will require working alternative Saturdays and other overtime as and when necessary
What you need to succeed:
• Must be HGV Class 1 certified
• An up to date Hiab License and full Lorry Harness training would be advantageous
• Ideally will have in date CSCS and CPC card
• Good knowledge of central London areas
• Excellent time keeping
• Strong communication skills with the ability to adapt language to suit target audience as necessary
• Able to follow a plan and problem-solve
• Understanding of business goals and strategy
• Approachable and able to keep motivated
• Flexible, thorough and able to work to tight deadlines
• Able to take on responsibility and make informed decisions as and when necessary
• Responsible and reliable
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects in a stimulating and dynamic environment where each day brings new challenges.
Competitive rates of pay are on offer for the right candidate.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, then GKR Scaffolding is the right place for you.
To apply please click the apply online button
We will not be accepting telephone applications or agency applicants.