Responsible for: Managing a housing scheme of 20+ self-contained flats for households that are being assisted by the local authority for their housing requirements.
Job purpose: Paramount Independent Property Services manage the Dowding House scheme in Paddock Wood on behalf of Tunbridge Wells Borough Council. We require a Scheme Manager to oversee all aspects of running the site.
The successful candidate will work with and support local families being placed into temporary accommodation at the scheme. They will ensure the smooth day to day operation of the building and be the bridge between the accommodation provider and the council’s Housing Team.
The ideal person for this role would need to have:
a) An ability to work independently using own initiative whilst remaining accountable to line management and communicating effectively as part of a team.
b) Experience of working with families experiencing homelessness.
c) An understanding of the importance of supportive relationships and fulfilling lives, and especially sustainable work in developing resilience and helping households sustain their accommodation.
d) Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the potential to present information to a wider audience.
e) The ability to establish good working relationships with service users, colleagues, other stakeholders externally and to work well within a team.
f) The ability to ensure all compliance and health & safety matters relating to the safe and legal operation of the building. For example, weekly checking of the fire alarm system.
g) An ability to comply with legislation, procedures, policies and good practice guidelines relevant to the role.
In relation to service users/clients duties will include:
- Tenancy turnover of resident's/ tenant’s rooms
- Signing residents in and out of their accommodation at the start and end of their stay
- Reporting repairs so the Facilities Management Team can resolve them.
- Dealing with any other management issues that may arise.
- Parking onsite is available although you do not need to be a car owner for this role.
- You must be an excellent communicator, have good customer service skills and have a friendly and helpful approach.
- You will need to be computer literate and be able to send emails to the main office.
- All equipment and branded clothing is provided.
You must pass a DBS check and be a UK citizen or free to work in the UK. Evidence of this will be requested.