This is a new role, joining the IT Manager to provide IT Services and Support to the business. As the IT Helpdesk person, you will be the first point of contact for any IT issues our staff have and be required to assess problems efficiently and either rectify them, or escalate to the IT Manager.
You need to :-
- Have good communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to cope under pressure.
- Be able to provide telephonic support, use remote control software tools and assist in person, when required.
- Be able to manage own time and prioritise work load. Keep track of support requests and record events.
An interest in both hardware and software is important.
Ideal skillsets :
- Windows 7 & 10 operating systems
- Windows Server 2012, 2016
o NAS, SAN, RAID
o iSCSI, SSD, SATA
- TCP/IP Networking
- Experience in the following :-
o Active Directory
o DHCP, DNS, SMTP, IMAP
o LAN, WAN, VLAN, WiFi
o Fibre, Broadband, Leased lines
o VPN and Remote desktop
- SQL Server, Dynamics NAV
- Network printers, copiers and scanners
- Structured cabling, Patching and CAT5 / 6 cabling
You will be working across a number of sites, in a wide variety of environments. A drivers’ licence is essential. Experience of the fresh produce industry is an advantage.
- Passion for IT
- Good command of English
- Personable and customer focused approach
- Good communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to cope under pressure.
- Well organised and professional
- Driver with own transport
- Local to Maidstone area
Salary and terms will be competitive and in line with experience