PHP / Wordpress Developer
£35,000 - £37,000 depending on experience.
Our client is a fast-paced and rapidly expanding organisation. The in-house development team is responsible for delivering high quality software solutions against strict scheduled deadlines using the latest technologies.
The PHP / WordPress Developer will work in a collaborative and innovative environment where design and implementation are both pragmatic and creative. They have a small team which will grow in number this year. They need ideas and energy to help the team drive the Business forward with new websites and deployment tools. They need ideas and creativity to deliver mobile and desktop websites in a very competitive market.
Our client is currently changing the process of their website release process to a CI/CD platform, so an understanding of these concepts and processes involved will be beneficial.
Benefits for the role of PHP / WordPress Developer
• 22 days starting holiday entitlement plus bank holidays (increasing yearly with length of service up to 28 days)
• Discounts on group products
• Perkbox access to over 300 benefits and discounts
• Employee Assistance Programme via Perkbox
• Private Medical Insurance with BUPA
• Pension Scheme with 3% employer contribution and minimum 3% employee contribution
• Annual free eye test and contribution towards glasses
• Annual Flu Vaccinations
• Cycle to work scheme
• Rising Star Mentoring Programme
• A whole host of career development opportunities
• Vibrant social culture - pub nights, team building, team awards, summer/ Christmas parties and much, much more!
Technical Skills and Qualifications for the role of PHP / WordPress Developer
• Proven commercial experience (3+ years)
• Strong WordPress ability
• Strong eye for design
• Good PHP knowledge
• Good database knowledge
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment
• Internet Information Services
• Design and UX/UI knowledge
• Knowledge of CRO and SEO tools and processes
• Working in an Agile environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• Interests in another programming language
• CI/CD (Continuous Integration & Deployment) tools
• Windows Server Configuration.
• Target Process ticketing system
Role Responsibilities for the role of PHP / WordPress Developer
• Thorough understanding of WordPress and various plugins
• Good working knowledge of PHP and databases, specifically MySQL
• Able to diagnose issues and identify improvements for existing sites
• Using existing templates to rollout microsites for new brands
• Using IIS and PHP logs to identify issues and complete fixes
• An understanding of GIT repositories to commit code and deploy releases
• Working with the eCommerce team to identify changes and make improvements
Apply for the PHP / WordPress Developer today!