Graduate Learning Assistant
TSAT Grade C/D £16,500 - £22,561 FTE (pro rata to £13,969 - £19,099 for hours and weeks stated)
37 hours per week
39 weeks per year (term-time only plus 10 INSET days)
Closing Date: 19 July 2019
We are a growing school and are looking to expand our team
“The Victory Academy is GOOD in all areas”
“Achievement has risen over the last three years” Ofsted October 2017
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress and was nominated for TES Employer of the Year in 2018
As Graduate Learning Assistant, you will work as directed by the SENCO with individual students and groups of students, supporting with the monitoring of progress for individuals. You will assist in the promotion of high standards of behaviour and conduct within the Academy and to provide support for colleagues through the enactment of Academy policy and procedure. You will be required to supervise students during break/lunchtime etc.
You will support colleagues as directed in all aspects of learning, personal development and emotional literacy both within classrooms and in other defined learning environments. You will support designated colleagues in the preparation and presentation of learning resources of both an academic and pastoral nature. You will also be required to be fully involved with all special activities related to the Academy and to provide support to extended enrichment provision as directed.
We are a mixed Comprehensive School for 11-19 year old students of all ability ranges, where everyone works and learns within its caring and supportive environment.
We are privileged to work in a stunning learning environment with excellent resources. The Academy is focused on providing an education for all. Our belief is that each person is unique – every member of our community has gifts and talents that we seek to grow and channel. Our job is to find and foster these for all. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum geared towards ensuring that our students will be dynamic members of society when they leave the Academy.
The Victory Academy was officially opened in September 2015 and is sponsored by The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT). View our latest video below to gain an insight into The Victory Academy.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Degree (ideally in core subjects) or alternative Level 4 course or above
• ‘C’ grades or above at GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Maths
• An aspiring teacher or someone committed to supporting students within the SEN area at Key Stage 3 or 4, or support students specifically with language needs
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective communicator both orally and in writing
• Effective ICT skills
• Good/excellent knowledge of SIMS (or equivalent) or ability to learn
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Experience of working with children and young people
• Understanding of the educational system and current developments
• Awareness of current legislation regarding children
• Ability to motivate and to support learning
• In addition, due to the special needs of some students, you must be qualified or be willing to undertake training in supporting personal care and hygiene of students
Additional skills and experience:
• Other SEN/welfare qualification(s)
• Additional language skills to support our diverse student population
• Previous experience in providing literacy or numeracy support at Key Stage 3 or 4 will be a distinct advantage
• First Aid experience
What we can offer you:
• A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
• Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes
• Childcare vouchers enabling eligible staff to pay for childcare in a tax efficient way
• Onsite parking free of charge
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a new school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.