JOB TITLE: SOLICITOR/FILEx (3- 4 yr pqe)
DEPARTMENT: PRIVATE CLIENT
OFFICE BASE: ASHFORD
REPORTING TO: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
• Handling Wills, LPA’s, Declarations of Trust, and Inheritance Tax planning both in respect of simple estates and medium complexity matters involving domestic and overseas property, Trusts and Agricultural estates.
• Assisting a Partner on more complex estates as appropriate.
• Pro-actively develop the Ashford practice by networking, taking on roles within voluntary organisations and participating in marketing events generally.
• To attend clients in the office or by visit to hospital, home or other place of residence in order to draft Wills in accordance with their wishes.
• Compliance with the Firm’s routine time recording, accounts and administrative disciplines.
• Attending Departmental meetings and appropriate training courses in order to maintain knowledge and skills.
• Supervision and development of less experienced fee earners and trainees, as appropriate.
• Membership of STEP and SFE (or aspiration to).
• To agree clear objectives linked to the Firm’s business plan and participate in the performance management system, assessing performance and giving feedback as relevant.
• To have a personal development plan and evaluate the effect of training on achievement.
• To clearly identify the standards and systems required to continually improve our customer service
• To comply with all the Firm’s relevant policies and procedures
• To ensure confidentiality on all appropriate matters and recognise that any breach of this confidentiality will be treated very seriously