Kitchen Assistant (Temporary)
£8.30 per hour
Our client, an established education provider located in Broadstairs, is currently looking to recruit a Kitchen Assistant to work on a temporary basis from July until August.
The successful applicant will be working in a kitchen providing up to 145 residential students with a breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
Applicants will ideally have previous experience within a school, hotel or restaurant kitchen environment.
You will be working various shifts, Monday - Sunday. This role will be paying an hourly rate of £8.30.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To assist in the preparation and production of high quality food within the school kitchens.
* To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the dining room and kitchen area.
* To carry out machine and manual dishwashing promptly and efficiently.
* To assist in the preparation of other foods which are not for use at service time.
* To assist with storage of deliveries as directed by the kitchen supervisor.
* To carry out regular general cleaning of the kitchen and dining room as per cleaning schedule.
* To carry out regular temperature checks on the freezers and fridges and record them.
* To attend training and team meetings when required to.
* To maintain standards of safety and hygiene according to legislation and any statutory requirements.
* Previous kitchen experience essential.
* Must be able to consider early morning starts and early evening finishes.
* Good knowledge of kitchen health, safety and hygiene rules.
About Morgan Jones:
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.