We are currently recruiting for a Secretary/Legal Assistant to join a well-established law firm based in Canterbury. This is a part-time opportunity, offering attractive working hours, Monday to Friday, 10am – 2pm.
Predominately you will be providing full secretarial support to one of the Directors however, there will be high levels of attention to detail and accuracy required with regards to documentation and typing.
Furthermore, the role will also involve:
• Providing full support to the Partner and department
• Managing client queries, preparation of correspondence and documents
• Transcription of digital dictation;
• File administration including opening/closing/archiving client files in a timely manner, photocopying, filing etc
• Assisting with all aspects of commercial sale and purchase transactions including ordering and investigating searches, official copies and Companies House documents, dealing with exchange and completion;
• Producing documents such as lease extensions, deeds, completion statements and Land Registry forms
• Handling Stamp Duty Land Tax requirements including calculations, submissions and payments
• Liaising with clients and agents as necessary
• Maintaining and coordinating Partner’s diary appointments and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary
• Regular consideration of client files and liaising with Partner on any action required
• Support the secretarial team; answering incoming calls, greeting visitors to Reception on occasion, collection/delivery of daily incoming/outgoing post and DX, and any other general office administrative duties as required.
This role would require previous experience as a Legal Secretary or experience/degree within the Legal sector.
This is an exciting permanent, part-time opportunity for a caring and responsible Legal Secretary. You will be rewarded with a salary of £20-21,000 pro-rata, depending on experience.
Apply today and don’t miss out!
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.