We are looking for 7.5 Tonne Drivers to join our Transport Department at our brand new and expanded site at Aylesford.
What does the job involve?
• Multi-drop deliveries of fresh produce to customers
• Defect reporting ensuring vehicle checks are completed daily before departure and all orders are loaded correctly
• Ensure deliveries are made in a timely manner and excellent service is given to the customer
• Collection of goods to the main depot
• Drivers at Watts Farms are the face of our business and therefore it is essential we recruit staff who are able to provide an excellent service to our customers
• Full training will be provided to ensure the successful candidate is comfortable with the routes.
Key Skills / Experience
• Full UK Driving licence
• Previous 7.5 tonne experience and CPC qualification
• Minimum of C1 Licence and CPC/Tacho card
• Reliable and professional
• Integrity / Strong work ethic
• Excellent communication skills with ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues and customers
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
• Adaptable and able to make decisions
• Experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage
• Shift pattern with a fortnightly rota. You will work 6 shifts in week one and 4 shifts in week two. Average of 48 hours per week, working Monday to Saturday (no shifts on Sunday) Start and finish times vary depending on route.
• London and surrounding areas
Watts Farms is a family-run business which covers 10 sites in Kent, Essex and Bedfordshire. Supplying 600 high end restaurants and hotels in London and Home Counties on a daily basis, we employ nearly 350 people. We sell around 3,000 product lines including fresh produce of which a number are grown on our own farms.
What we can offer you…
• 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
• Referral scheme
• Pension and child care vouchers
• Staff discounts