Due to an incredible period of success a rapidly expanding organisation in Rochester are looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Manager who is ready to manage and develop a team.
Reporting into the Financial Controller you will be required to maintain all invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger with accuracy in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be keen to manage the day to day operations of the Purchase Ledger department and have at least three years experience working within a fast paced Finance function.
* Responsible for monitoring and maintaining the Purchase Ledger.
* Processing invoices using three way match.
* Resolve outstanding invoice queries in a timely manner.
* Setting up Supplier accounts in line with group policy, ensuring customer information is up to date
* Code invoices and obtain invoice approval for non inventory invoices.
* Ensure supplier reconciliation is completed monthly with all queries being actively investigated with relevant parties.
* Review open invoices to submit a payment run proposal on a weekly basis in line with weekly cash outflow forecast.
* Review open invoices, aged and debit balances resolving any queries within one month.
* Check and post all credit card and staff expenses on a monthly basis.
* Track incoming legal claims, responding in line with appropriate time-frames.
* Attend weekly Operations call identifying any payment/delivery issues with key suppliers, liaising with relevant Sales/Operations manager when necessary.
* Prepare accruals journal on a monthly basis.
* Reconciliation of Inter-company balances on a monthly basis.
* Provide cover for Sales Ledger Clerk on a rotational basis, including upload and reconciliation of Invoice Finance facility, posting cash receipts and credit control.
* Supporting the general activities of the finance department.
* Having experience in processing inter-company transactions.
* Experience managing a small team.
* Good knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Team player with experience working in a small accounting team.
* Proactive ability to identify solutions to challenges.
* You will have supervisory skills and be a proven leader of a team.
* You have excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain professional relationships with suppliers.
Salary up to £28K.