Do you have sound experience in employee relations (ER) for a large organisation? Are you passionate about delivering a professional ER advisory and case management service for a diverse group of people?
Joining the professional, friendly and supportive ER team at the University of Kent, you will put to use your HR expertise and strong communication skills to advise staff across all levels of the organisation. As someone with a solid understanding of UK core employment legislation and the ability to manage a diverse workload, this excellent opportunity to join our HR team could be the role for you.
As Employee Relations Adviser you will:
- provide advice and guidance to staff and managers on all employee relations issues
- provide an effective and efficient case management service
- support the HR Business Partner in implementing organisational change activities
- participate in the design and delivering of briefings, written guidance or training interventions
To succeed in this role you will have:
- CIPD Level 5 qualification or equivalent experience
- experience of providing HR guidance and support to operational managers
- the ability to write clearly and accurately for a range of audiences - staff communications, management briefings, formal consultation papers, policy drafting, executive reports
- strong influencing, negotiating and conflict resolution skills
This position is part-time, 25 hours per week, and offered on a fixed term basis for 12 months.
Part of the Human Resources Directorate at Kent, the Employee Relations and Business Partnering team is the key and initial point of access to HR for the University schools and professional service departments and acts as a hub, drawing in expertise from the other HR centres of excellence making referrals as appropriate. The Employee Relations Advisers support the Business Partners by providing dedicated case management support to designated portfolios, providing advice and support to managers and staff on matters relating to dealing with people. For further details, please visit: www.kent.ac.uk/human-resources
The University of Kent is a distinctive and attractive place to work. We employ over 6,000 staff, including academic and research staff and a full range of support and administration staff. Our stunning main campus in Canterbury, Kent was founded in 1965 and is set among green and tranquil open space overlooking the spectacular Cathedral. Our staff enjoy competitive salaries, an occupational pension scheme, generous holiday entitlements and a great working environment.