An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Asset Information Team. You will be based at our Snodland office and will report to the Senior Asset Information Analyst.
The key purpose of the role is to apply technical skills to update asset management systems in accordance with defined procedures, quality standards and service level agreements.
* Complete asset updates in accordance with defined procedures, quality standards and service level agreements;
* Contact internal and external stakeholders to clarify any asset updates received and highlight any issues with the data provided;
* Review and process asset data from various sources / systems / formats;
* Maintain the asset inventory within the geographic information system and the work and asset management system (Maximo);
* Validate asset design details and as-constructed records in accordance with defined procedures, quality standards and quality assurance/quality control processes;
* Respond to internal and external stakeholder requests for information to agreed timescales;
* On occasion, undertake office and field based visits to obtain or verify asset data using appropriate survey techniques;
* Maintain the asset digital document library and physical document archive, including operations and maintenance manuals, health and safety records, capital scheme records, land registry records, process and instrumentation diagrams, site schematics etc.
* Be able to work in a logical and analytical manner;
* Be able to work both independently and within a team environment;
* Organised and able to prioritise tasks effectively;
* Methodical and accurate with an eye for detail;
* Good problem solving skills and a desire to find solutions;
* Good written and verbal communication skills and should be confident in dealing with stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally;
* Have a high level of computer literacy, be proficient and confident in using Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel (e.g. comfortable with conducting pivot tables, creating formulas, charting and graphing of data, utilising functions, sorting and filtering data);
* Have a keen interest in a career within the water industry working with data;
The incumbent is expected to be qualified to A-level, diploma or degree level (preferably in a mathematical / technical / statistical subject).
This post is subject to a basic criminal record check and the Right to Work in the UK.
In return, we offer a competitive salary, a minimum of 25 days annual leave, a stakeholder pension scheme in which the maximum Company contribution is 10% and a life assurance scheme.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as early as possible.