If you're highly organised and have experience of data analysis and project work, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you to develop your career in this key role in our Student Success Project team.
You will be adept at planning and maintaining accuracy in your work and able to provide a professional support service to the central Project. You will lead and embed social and educational initiatives in academic schools across the University which result in improvements to undergraduate students’ sense of belonging, retention and academic attainment.
As Central Development Officer you will:
- Devise, deliver and evaluate initiatives and interventions according to learner needs
- Maintain working relationships with academic schools and provide them with specialist advice and support about the project
-Support effective monitoring and evaluation of initiatives
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A first degree or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive experience of working in a similar role in a research and/or administrative capacity
- Experience of analysing and collating data and competently summarising sensitive information
- High level of literacy and excellent oral and written communication skills
The Student Success (EDI) Project is an institutional research project investigating student attainment and retention.
The Partnership Development Office is responsible for supporting the implementation of the University’s widening participation strategy and for developing partnerships in the region, with a particular focus on sub-regional partnerships, in support of this strategy.
The University of Kent is a distinctive and attractive place to work. We employ over 6,000 staff, including academic and research staff and a full range of support and administration staff. Our stunning main campus in Canterbury, Kent was founded in 1965 and is set among green and tranquil open space overlooking the spectacular Cathedral. Our staff enjoy competitive salaries, an occupational pension scheme, generous holiday entitlements and a great working environment.
Start date for applications: 12 December 2018
Closing date for applications: 17 January 2019
Interviews are to be held: 7 February 2019