Estimator - Mechanical Service
Hours of work: 8.00am - 5.00pm (Monday to Friday).
Our client based in Rochester is looking for a Mechanical Services Estimator to join their team.
Outline of the role:
You will be expected to ensure that the pre-contract/tender function are carried out effectively, working independently as well as a team and leading junior staff.
The Estimator will be expected to carry out a number of tasks using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access etc., to produce documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases. Ultimately, the responsibility revolves around the management and implication of procedures the company follows up to & including the securing of contract.
General tasks will include:
* Contacting, introducing and maintaining relationships with Clients, in particularly their Pre-Contract & Commercial Departments.
* Assisting with the completion of PQQs and compilation & submission of associated documentation.
* Measuring, taking-off and quantifying materials and labour for the purpose of establishing project cost.
* Evaluating preliminary demands in terms of site management, supervision etc. · Raising RFIs as queries arise during the pre-contract stage.
* Drafting bid/ tender submissions, including obtaining & incorporating quotations from suppliers and specialist sub-contractors.
* Completing ‘value engineering’ exercises for clients, to assist in obtaining savings and brining tender submissions within budget.
* Attending post-tender meeting with Clients to present and discuss the bid · Supporting negotiations.
* Reporting on success rates & status updates of tenders.
* Providing advice to the bid teams and to clients.
* Identify opportunity and generate risk management strategy for bids.
* Close liaison with Accounts, Estimating & Procurement on bids to ensure all commercial issues are successfully covered.
* Identify risk and opportunity, price and model to ensure best value strategy is adopted to a bid.
* Provide input in the completing of supplier audits, supplier selection and ongoing rating, ensuring the approved supply chain meets the companies requirements & expectations.
* Develop pricing and commercial frameworks for bids to ensure value optimization and satisfaction for the client.
Upon securing a contract, the Estimator will then be expected to:
* Review contract with QS Dept. and Commercial Director, to ensure the terms reflect that agreed and is in accordance with allowances/proposals
* Set budgets for both labour & materials, indicating the maximum that can be spent on each element
* Where necessary, assist the Purchasing Dept. in obtaining materials, components and equipment, as required by the programme at the most financially advantageous terms.
* Undertaking any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required and/or requested by senior members of staff.
Typical qualities and qualifications of a successful Estimator include:
* Qualified in Estimating, Surveying, Purchasing & Supply or related field, with industry experience.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Capability to supervise, manage and organize/lead staff Excellent commercial flair.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, technical procedures, drawings, government regulations.
* Well-presented and organized.
* Work independently, establish priorities and make decisions Interact effectively with people in various positions.
* Strong negotiator & firm when necessary.
Please submit your CV for selection.