Not logged in to Jobsinessex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Senior Underwriting Manager
£85000 - £100000 per annum
City of London, Greater London
We have an exciting role offering challenge, progression and reward with opportunities to achieve your career ambitions.
We are proud to be working with one of the UK's leading insurance groups. They are providers of specialist commercial insurance products to the business community, with a strong footprint in the SME market together with niche personal lines products.
In recent years through a strategic plan they have successfully expanded their broker partnership network and developed a vibrant cover holder / scheme business providing delegated authority to selected third parties.
As a result of this ongoing impetus the Senior Underwriting Manager will be joining an insurer that is growing in revenue, increasing their product portfolio and expanding their market footprint.
* Guide and review the improvement of underwriting policies & procedures to monitor compliance with underwriting standards and identify methodologies for improving controls and efficiencies
* Review and develops strategies for improving the underwriting results and increasing distribution of key products
* Assume responsibility for development and evolution of package policies and the profitable growth and development thereof. Work to include the updating of coverage, policy wordings and related product literature.
* Manage, enhance and maintain the relevant Underwriting and Procedural guides and rating tools and update Underwriting Guideline (including Acceptance & Rating) for all distribution channel (including the development of electronic traded products)
* Organise and monitor the Underwriting Audit function (including undertaking of audits and issuing of subsequent reports)
* Ensure good quality two-way communication between Underwriting Management and Claims Department, to identify adverse trends or technical aspects and necessitate changes to either policy or procedure by underwriting teams
* Support Chief Underwriter in wording drafting and wording reviews as well as participate in product development as required. Comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and ensure, at a level appropriate to the position, that appropriate measures are in place to ensure this compliance
* Support Chief Underwriter to provide product focussed advice to underwriters on relevant matters and working to resolve product related challenges as they arise
* Working as a key stakeholder on project related projects across the business as requested
* Contributing to product innovation in our chosen markets, challenging the status quo
* Support Chief Underwriter in setting and delivering Underwriting Key Performance Indicators and overseeing the delivery of company plan
* Support Chief Underwriter in driving strategic portfolio management, address performance and planning issues using a risk-based approach, and ensuring improvement of the underwriting performance and execution of underwriting strategies.
* Support Chief Underwriter in monitoring framework for underwriting authorities
* Actively contribute to and participate in the provision of technical training to underwriters in order to improve technical skills/resource ensuring that adequate and appropriate market insight is provided to internally and externally to improve performance
* Supporting Chief Underwriter in ensuring that the agreed control processes and tools are effectively used for the oversight of underwriting risks and product line performance
* Be able to summarise key performance issues and insights in a concise and compelling way to senior management when required
* In-depth experience in UK commercial (Property & Casualty) insurance underwriting, including demonstrable account management experience
* Good knowledge of underwriting policies and procedures with first-hand experience of implementation of these
* Proven expert knowledge of commercial insurance wordings, product development, underwriting, legal, and regulatory
* Excellent collaboration skills, interpersonal skills, project management skills, analytical skills
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team while meeting meaningful deadlines
* Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
* Good skills in MS office (Excel, Word, PPT) Outlook and internet applications
Ref ~ 9547
What you need to know:
* Permanent role
* Based for 3 days in the City of London office & 2 days from home
* Salary between £85,000 and £100,000
Interested? Please apply today and we will contact you by return.
MW Appointments has been recruiting in the Insurance market since 1992, so you will benefit from partnering with a market leader who possess in-depth technical understanding, comprehensive market in-sight, excellent market intelligence and well-established relationships with companies across the insurance sector.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.