Not logged in to Jobsinessex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Commercial Lines Underwriter
£68000.00 - £72500.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
The successful post-holder will assist the Class Underwriter and work within the underwriting team to write business in line with the underwriting strategy and annual business plan.
Exercising your strong relationship and negotiation skills, you will be responsible for negotiating renewals and new business with brokers and clients.
What you will be doing â¦
Underwrite new business and renewals within a range of Property/Casualty/Construction risks whilst adhering to:
* Underwriting Authorities and Guidelines.
* Reinsurance Protections.
* Risk Engineering Guidelines.
* Develop and maintain external contacts with Insureds, Brokers and Fac.Reinsurers
* Support the embedding of the risk management framework within the underwriting team
* Ensure adherence and compliance with relevant controls, policies, risk, regulatory and legal requirements.
* Undertake and manage projects as required by the Class Underwriter / Senior Management.
What you need to bring â¦
* A proven track record and strong reputation within underwriting including a strong technical underwriting background across at least Property and Casualty classes.
* Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
* Decisive in nature, displaying good judgement in decisions and taking accountability.
* Ability to focus and produce work under pressure.
What you need to know â¦
* Permanent role
* Based in in the City for 3 days per week with 2 home working days
* Salary between Â£65,000 and Â£73,000
* Benefits package and annual bonus
* A great opportunity to join an established and respected organisation with development opportunities.
* A very inclusive and fair opportunities employer
Interested? Please apply today and we will contact you by return.
MW Appointments has been recruiting in the Insurance market since 1992, so you will benefit from partnering with a market leader who possess in-depth technical understanding, comprehensive market in-sight, excellent market intelligence and well-established relationships with companies across the insurance sector.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.