Not logged in to Jobsinessex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Premium Accounting Technician
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
An opportunity to join a global insurer and reinsurer with a strong footprint in the Lloyds market. They offer clients around the world innovative risk solutions and services in a variety of different classes.
As a Technical Accountant you will provide support to departments within the group with the booking of cash and premium entries, cash allocation and credit control for London Market, European and International offices.
You will perform the processing and validation of premiums from brokers & Co-Insurers, across marine and P&C with numerous risks containing multi-jurisdiction IPTs.
* Entry of all received cash including intercompany transactions.
* Contact brokers and Co-Insurers to obtain missing back up documentation as necessary.
* Process premiums including the calculation of relevant taxes
* Reconciliation of allocated accounts
* Prepare outgoing settlements including payment of claims, reinsurance premiums and transfer of cash between Group entities.
* Liaise with Underwriting Technical Assistants and colleagues in various branch offices.
* Reconciliation remediation work for historic transactions to clear ledgers.
* Minimum of 3 years experience within a similar role
* Technical premiums processing experience including use of Xchanging systems
* Some knowledge and ability to calculate IPTs and Levies in conjunction with Finance Dept.
* Excel use to intermediate level.
* Knowledge of London market practices, codes of conduct and industry bodies
* Previous experience of ledger reconciliation and investigation of historic balances would be an advantage
What you need to know:
* Initially offered as a 12-month contract, with scope to extend
* Based in City of London with home working flexibility
* Salary between £45,000 and £55,000
Interested? Please apply today and we will contact you by return.
MW Appointments has been recruiting in the Insurance market since 1992, so you will benefit from partnering with a market leader who possess in-depth technical understanding, comprehensive market in-sight, excellent market intelligence and well-established relationships with companies across the insurance sector.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.