Not logged in to Jobsinessex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
French Speaking Underwriting Asst
£30000 - £35000 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Our Client has an exciting opportunity for an Underwriting Assistant to join the team to work within the Physicians & Surgeons team
The job will involve tasks to directly support the underwriting process.
The role will be based in London with occasional travel to other locations, as required. Some international travel may be required, including to offices in Dublin.
* Supporting underwriters with all activities related to account development.
* Handling daily correspondence flows.
* Processing and filing documents.
* Undertaking account data entry into underwriting system.
* Corresponding with brokers and coverholders, and following up on outstanding information.
* Liaising with underwriters on account-related information queries.
* Liaising with the Operations team on policy / premium queries.
* Attending internal and external meetings as required.
* Reviewing wordings and maintain wording and endorsement inventories.
* Assisting underwriters in research and product development.
* Developing knowledge and understanding of Medical Malpractice insurance.
* Continuing professional development.
* Contributing to and demonstrate a culture of proactivity, innovation, collaboration and integrity within the team.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Proven attention to detail.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Advanced French spoken and written language.
* Good interpersonal skills.
* Dedicated work ethic.
* Commitment to a career in insurance.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good planning and organisation skills
* Must be proactive and able to work within a team environment.
* 2:1 minimum BA/BS degree is preferred not essential
* Strong competence in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
* Prior experience (minimum 1 year) in the Insurance Industry or other corporate industry essential.
What you need to know:
* Permanent role
* Based in City of London
* Salary between £30,000 - £35,000
* A great opportunity to join a growing organisation with lots of training and development opportunities.
* A very inclusive and fair opportunities employer
Interested? Please apply today and we will contact you by return.
MW Appointments has been recruiting in the Insurance market since 1992, so you will benefit from partnering with a market leader who possess in-depth technical understanding, comprehensive market in-sight, excellent market intelligence and well-established relationships with companies across the insurance sector.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.