Not logged in to Jobsinessex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Graduate/Trainee Underwriting Ops Technician
Up to £25000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Our client who is a Lloyds Managing Agency is looking for an Underwriting Technician to join their expanding department in the City office
The purpose of the role is to learn about processing all types of Insurance policies for the Underwriters.
* Enter risk and policy data in to the Underwriting system(s) within the defined Service Level
* Ensure all risk and policy queries are communicated through the appropriate channels and responded to in a timely manner.
* Upload bordereaux in to the TIDE system within the defined Service Level Agreement and escalate any queries through the appropriate channels.
* Process unmatched USMs within the defined Service Level Agreements and escalate any issues through the appropriate channels.
* Ensure all tasks are completed for month-end close.
* Produce standard and ad-hoc reporting through the EDW ensuring these are accurate and fit for purpose.
* Assist with credit control and provide support to the credit control team with aged debt and excess cash queries when required.
* Attend team, departmental and divisional meetings to build, and maintain, internal relationships and continue understanding of the business.
* Scan and store all documentation in to the document management storage folders as required.
* Ensure that Underwriting files are complete and accurate. Obtain any outstanding items from the underwriting team.
* Assist with, and drive forward, company projects as required.
* Undertake other appropriate ad-hoc tasks as requested by the management team.
* Report any suspicion of financial crime to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer immediately.
* Operate within the Company's standards for Treating Customers Fairly.
* Advise Compliance of any complaints immediately.
Either a 2023 school/college leaver or 2023 University graduate
What you need to know:
* Permanent role
* Based in City of London with hybrid working
* Salary to £25,000
* A great opportunity to join a growing organisation with lots of training and development opportunities.
* A very inclusive and fair opportunities employer
Interested? Please apply today and we will contact you by return.
MW Appointments has been recruiting in the Insurance market since 1992, so you will benefit from partnering with a market leader who possess in-depth technical understanding, comprehensive market in-sight, excellent market intelligence and well-established relationships with companies across the insurance sector.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.