Technician Reinsurance Team
City of London, Greater London
Location: City of London/Home split
Lloyd's Broker is seeking to recruit an individual to join its Reinsurance Department.
12 months London Market Insurance experience as training will be provided.
* Timely and accurate production of placing slips, endorsements, Evidence of Covers, Addendums and Verification of Reinsurance documents which comply with the company's Best Practice Manual (BPM) and current market practice to satisfy client requirements;
* Reviewing documents at key stages to ensure accuracy and completeness for subsequent processing.
* Process original and additional/return premiums using the company's Insurance Broking Software system
* Generate Client accounting documentation and market closing documentation submit to the company market as well as the bureaux.
* Monitor premium payment and pursue the receipt of funds from Reinsureds to ensure settlement terms/PPWs are met, or escalates problems to divisional management ;
* Assist the Finance Division with reconciliation of unallocated cash as soon as practicable or escalates the problem to divisional management as appropriate.
* Produce and analyse premium/brokerage/claims/renewal and other statistics as may be required by line manager.
Knowledge and skills
Market and industry structure and operation, including regulatory awareness.
Technical insurance to CertCII, or equivalent experience.
Sector specific risks and reinsurance products/solutions .
IT literacy in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Accuracy and thoroughness.
Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Internal structure and organisation.
Knowledge and understanding of the FCA.
Money laundering/prevention of financial crime.
Internal procedures including knowledge and understanding of the Best Practice Manuel.
Trace Twins/OpenTWINS (or similar) and operational use of IT systems / platforms.
Languages are desirable but not essential.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.