Not logged in to Jobsinessex.com?
Login with your social media accountLog in with Google
Or click here for our login page
Trainee Underwriting Assistant
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
Job: Trainee Underwriting Assistant
Location: City of London
Our client is a City based Marine Insurer who is currently seeking a trainee Underwriting Assistant to join their Underwriting team. Full training will be provided with study support towards Cert CII Qualifications.
* To assist the Underwriter in collating and analysing data to allow assessment of the potential liability, exposure and appropriate rating levels for new and existing business
* Ensuring entries are added to the computer within the time frames set out in the Underwriting service standards.
* Monitoring, update and evaluation of the renewal Metrics, the Claims and Loss Prevention questionnaires, the Appeal and Discretion processes, and renewal progress generally
* Prepare (re)insurance declarations as required, including annual, periodic, and ad-hoc declarations to brokers in respect of the (re)insurances placed by the company
* Processing all entry documentation relating to the fleet's entries with the Association in an efficient and timely manner.
* Adhering strictly to current underwriting guidelines and procedures.
* To assist the Underwriter in analysing members' performance and exposure, and processing of renewals for existing allocated members by:
* Ensuring the accurate updating of the computer to reflect the agreed renewal terms of entry.
* Ensuring the efficient and timely production of all renewal documentation relating to the fleet's entry with the Association.
* Liaising with the credit control department in order to check the up to date debt position as part of the renewal assessment process.
* Ensure efficient and timely production of documentation relating to fleets entered.
* To work of the Underwriter to ensure that certification and other documentation is produced and dispatched in a timely manner and meets the Underwriting department service standards.
* Preparing ad hoc analysis and reports as directed.
* Maintaining orderly manual and computer files in accordance with the Underwriting Department service standards.
* Work with the Underwriter in the development of new business as directed and to assist with business development and promote the interests of the Association within the underwriters designated geographical areas of responsibility
* Maintaining accurate records on marketing and business development by maintaining and updating of SWOT analysis.
* Meeting Members and brokers as required and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and service providers to enhance service delivery.
Suitable candidates will be a recent graduate or school leaver looking to start a career within the Insurance Industry.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.