2 shift 15% uplift - 3 shift 25% uplift
Atlas Recruitment Group
Manufacturing Technician - Crewe
Are you at time served apprentice - mechanical bias, with machine operation and maintenance experience, this could be he role for you!
Atlas Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Technician on behalf of our industry leading client
Would you like to set up, operate and maintain equipment whose purpose is the safe, efficient, and effective production of high-volume consumables for the defence market? My client currently has multiple vacancies for a Manufacturing Technician at their site in Crewe.
This is an initial 18 month FTC (fixed term contract) with a strong likelihood of leading to a permanent position
As a Manufacturing Technician, you will report to Process Leaders and work alongside other Technicians and Operators. The role assumes direct responsibility for the running and maintaining of several machines within a manufacturing area on a shift basis during which between 50-100,000 components are produced. The Technician ensures we are delivering against the operational area's key performance indicators for safety, quality, and production targets.
Your main responsibilities as a Manufacturing Technician will involve:
* Working on any of the following; Power Press equipment, automated packaging, forging, CNC
* Ensuring the quality of production using SPC and following written SOP (Standard operating procedures) and RA (Risk Assessments).
* Achieving set volume production targets.
* Maintaining machines in line with preventative maintenance schedules.
* Reacting to resolve immediate mechanical break downs.
* Recording machine performance using the companies Smart Factory data collection system for measuring performance and OEE.
Your skills and qualifications:
* Time Served Apprentice, with ability to provide papers
* Experience in a Mechanical Engineering field
* Experience with operating and/or maintenance of Power Presses or experience in automated assembly equipment
* Holding an up-to-date power press safety qualification
* Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control
* Forklift Truck license or Mobile Work Equipment Platform licence
* Basic understanding of IT systems.
* Willingness to work overtime if required.
Manufacturing Technician overview:
You will have the ability to work autonomously without the need for direct supervision, but also as part of a team. We are looking for you to have good verbal Communication skills are essential (shift handovers).
Location: Radway Green, Crewe
Salary: Competitive, plus, 2 shift increase of 18% and 3 shift increase of 25%
If you are interested in this role, please click 'APPLY' and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful candidates will be contacted within two working days of application
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.