Claims Operations Technician
£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
City of London, Greater London
CLAIMS OPERATIONS - SALARY c£40,000
City based Insurance Company is seeking an individual to work with their Claims Operation Manager providing a dual process and procedure and claims role.
* Workflow receipt, triage and allocation.
* Validate and accurately enter data into company systems to enable reporting on the nature and financial impact of the claims portfolio.
* Monitor external claims portal systems and liaise with the Technical claims team to action to ensure portal compliance.
* Manage the receipt, registration, acknowledgment and allocation of claims notifications.
* Process claims payments, reserve adjustments, IBNRS and other financial movements in accordance with internal standards and authorisation levels.
* Reconciliation of claim payments and reserves on local and global network systems for inter-company accounts.
* Creating and updating operational process manuals and other procedure documentation.
* Assist with the documentation, maintenance and monitoring of compliance and governance initiatives.
* Support the Technical claims teams to review SLA compliance and to meet internal and external audit requirements.
* Actively participate in projects or other initiatives designed to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the team.
* Distribute regular and ad hoc operations and KPI reports
* Support for all Claims Operations processes, performance objectives and time management.
* Support the induction and peer training of new employees.
* Lead by example through seeking out and leveraging diversity in all its forms and to create an inclusive work environment where innovation and fresh perspectives are embedded for the benefit of our people, our business and for the customers and communities that we support. Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Good user of Excel & Word.
* Good communication, (written and oral), and interpersonal skills; comfortable with phone & face to face discussions with technical claims, underwriters & operational colleagues.
* Demonstrate potential people management and motivation skills.
* Able to organise own workload effectively to meet service standards.
* Deadline focused; able to work under pressure to meet tight/complex deadlines.
* Good systems knowledge, experience of using systems to evaluate data.
* Good understanding of insurance and the terminologies used.
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
MINIMUM: 2 years' Insurance operational experience
Applicants should demonstrate the capability/willingness to adapt to processes and procedure development
Experience/aptitude supervising and training entrance level employees.
Ideally, 3-4 years' experience in a relevant role
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.